Community Support Services in East Central Georgia
Here at Serenity, we have many community-based programs offered that only require a person to meet eligibility requirements and have a referral submitted at intake. These programs are:
- Case Management. This program assists people with mental illness learn how to access resources, in order to meet their basic needs, such as behavioral health care appointments, medical/dental care, employment resources, or food and housing resources.
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation-Individual. This program assists individuals with developing skills to interact with the community, manage behavioral health symptoms, develop and practice coping skills to manage feelings such as anger, stress, depression, etc. Also, to learn and practice budgeting techniques, while maintaining abstinence from drugs and alcohol. We also assist individuals with developing skills to maintain a stable living environment.
- Addictive Disease Support Services. This program assists individuals with developing coping skills and accessing resources in order to maintain sobriety. Interventions can include linking them to resources, developing coping skills, helping to increase support networks, etc.
- Semi-Independent Residential Services. This program assists individuals in a residential setting learn skills and increase awareness on how to access resources that will strengthen community integration, consistent access to medical services, and develop support networks. Skills can include, how to maintain a budget and how to perform daily living skills to manage day-to-day activities.
- Supported Employment. This program provides intensive support to assist individuals with getting back to work. We help people find work and maintain work. We try to help people locate resources, to secure transportation, until they can afford their own options. Patients must identify a desire to find competitive employment.
- Community Support Team. This program is our most intensive program. We visit you weekly in the community and provide, case management services, psychosocial rehabilitation skill building to include relapse prevention, nursing, and counseling services in one integrated team. The team is comprised of a licensed counselor, a registered nurse, two case managers, and a certified peer specialist. If eligible, access is 24/7, 365 days a year while you work towards your goals.
- P.E.E.R.S. (People Experiencing Enhanced Recovery Supports). This is a group setting filled with people who meet on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, to work on ways to develop a stronger sense of independence, learn assertive engagement techniques, and develop their voice in articulating their wishes and goals for recovery in a peer-led atmosphere. Group facilitators are all certified peer specialists who strive to provide hope, through experiential wisdom and skill building activities, in a comfortable setting. In this group, people empower each other to become the directors of their own recovery and lives, so they can successfully participate in the living, learning, social, and/or working environments of their choice.